June 1: Ten Days

Much has happened since the last time I wrote. I feel a certain pressure to not be stressed; needless to say, I'm not really succeeding. This quarter, my last ever quarter of school, has been the craziest and least motivated quarter of my life. It's difficult to focus on the scientific names of dinosaurs when you know you're graduating, you're rejected for each internship you applied for, your computer has a nervous breakdown, and you lose two family members in less than a week.

I don't like school. To be clear, I love learning. I love reading, working with classmates, and I even love writing essays (is there a job for that??); but I don't like busy work, attending seemingly unnecessary classes, or the stress of being graded. It's hard to stay motivated when you only enjoy half of the school experience. Consequently, a lot of my quarter was spent in stoic emotional turmoil or busy-work boredom. And I was tired the entire time.


On a brighter note: it's almost summer! I'm ecstatic to return to the Bay Area and have many, many adventures in the fabulous city by the bay. For instance, I am absolutely aching for some genuine museum time. Although I love Santa Barbara, it's somewhat lacking in the culture department. I'm anxious to visit the San Francisco aquarium, the Exploratorium, pretty much all of the Golden Gate Park, and basically walking my butt off. Companionship will be scarce - my best friend will be working out of town and my brother is a stubborn homebody - so adventurous people-watching writers are encourage to apply. Bonus qualifications: sarcasm, Disney fan, must like dogs and cats.


Basically, as long as I'm not so bored I stoop to binge-watching, I'm doing something right.


Comments