Daily Writing Blurb


"Take it off," she ordered, reloading her gun.
"What? No," I said, clutching it against my eye. A rain of bullets splattered the wall across from us, and my breath came in shorter bursts than it should have.
"Take it off," she ordered again, peeking around the corner and firing three shots. I could hear grunts and shouts as she turned back to me.
"I can't," I replied.
She slapped my hand away and yanked the black fabric from my eye. The images came all at once, faster and faster, until she covered my eye with her own hand. It took me a moment to focus back on the present, on her face, and I could hardly breathe.
"There are things you're meant to see," she said softly, and handed me the eyepatch back. "Now the next time, when you really need it, it won't be so overwhelming."

Find this blurb on Pinterest!
Source: Promptuarium.


Comments