Motivation: Poetry Power-Up

Mondays are tough, and motivation always seems at its lowest on Monday mornings, regardless of how much the birds sing or how blue the sky is or how blustery it is.


But words can change the worst of moods or attitudes, and poetry is a great, small way to wake up the creative centers of your mind. With creativity flowing, your motivation and inspiration is guaranteed to follow, improving your Monday at least a little bit.

(c) Tyler Kent White

Tyler Kent White specializes in short and significant poems, speaking elegant truths about the world. His poetry is a simple motivation and a beautiful one. This poem, for example, which I read over this morning, got me moving and motivated for class today - something I always have trouble with - and I'm cognitively functioning much better than if I let the Monday gloom stick around.

For more helpful, insightful poetry, check out my Poetry board on Pinterest.



Comments