Notebook Shopping: Online Window Shopping

I get emails from Knock Knock, Paper Source, Barnes & Noble, and multiple other companies that produce splurge-worthy notebooks. I would buy all of them if I could actually afford the splurge. Instead, I'm doomed to have neverending wishlists of beautiful, sassy, and inspiring notebooks. In the spirit of procrastinating my Reading Challenge (I'm halfway through, okay), I started online window shopping (there must be a shorter phrase for that) and added even more awesome notebooks to my lists. For anyone wondering, or looking to blow their budget, here are my top notebook providers:

Knock Knock


This Composition Book is Full Of... (c) Knock Knock

Knock Knock is sarcasm and inner frustration printed prominently on notebooks, notepads, and office supplies. In addition to multiple notepads I really want (My Portable Therapist or Paper Tantrum, for example), the site has some really fun notebooks. Pictured above is one of the tamer notebooks, and there are notebooks featuring fun designs and notebooks to achieve inner piece, like I'm So Freaking Freaked Out or I'm Kind Of Awesome or The F*ck It List.

Paper Source


San Francisco Script Spiral Journal (c) Paper Source

Paper Source is all about the pretty notebooks. In addition to customizable options, Paper Source has a lot of well designed journals, like the one above, and they are all super pretty and high quality. I can hardly go in the store without wishing I had a specific notebook budget. You Are Awesome, Watercolor Notes, Cavallini Vintage Clocks, and the Gold Star Journal are only the beginning of a seriously great collection that span pretty much every aesthetic.

Anne Taintor


Will Work For Donuts

Okay, so, Anne Taintor doesn't technically design notebooks. But there are notepads! And they make my day fifty times better with their clever, bitter, sarcastic jokes. We Go Together Like Drunk And Disorderly is a personal favorite, along with Success Is 1% Inspiration 99% Caffeine. Basically, the entire series is about crushing your expectations of pretty 1940s/50s housewife pictures, and it all started with phrases like "Born to Be Wild" and "Intellectuals Gone Bad."

Notebooks are fun - and cost quite a bit of money. But they can be inspirational and creativity-inducing. When in doubt, buy a notebook. When creatively drained, buy a notebook. When in need, paper over digital.

Comments